The Visit Gloucestershire Partnership CIC Advisory Board is responsible for the long-term success and sustainability of the organisation for the benefit of its partners, now and in the future. It does this by providing clear leadership in setting strategy and risk appetite and by overseeing management’s implementation of strategy within a prudent and effective governance structure and ensuring that The Visit Gloucestershire Partnership’s culture is aligned to its purpose, values and strategy.
The Board normally meets six times a year and ad hoc as required. It devotes much of its time to overseeing Visit Gloucestershire’s strategy and policy, the approval of business plans and significant capital expenditure, acquisitions and disposals and monitoring of performance.
(Gloucestershire Community Rail Partnership GCRP)
(Gloucester City Council)
(Cotswolds National Landscape)
Dr Alan Marvell
(Educate Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire County Council)
Dr Alan Marvell
(Educate Gloucestershire, University of Gloucestershire)
(Educate Gloucestershire, Hartpury University & College)
There is a clear schedule of matters reserved to the Board which is reviewed on a regular basis. This includes:
- Setting Visit Gloucestershire’s organisation strategy.
- Ensuring that Visit Gloucestershire’s culture is aligned with its purpose, values, and strategy.
- Approving changes to Visit Gloucestershire’s capital structure, major transactions, or capital expenditure.
- Overseeing the Partnership’s internal control and risk management processes to ensure that they remain appropriate and are operating effectively.
- Adding value and support to the organisation and its partners.